Trump stops the planned attack on Iran after leaders from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE ask him to

Trump stopped his planned attack on Iran after leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE asked for talks.

After some leaders of the Gulf State spoke out against Trump’s plan to attack Iran, the US president changed his mind.

Qatar’s Emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani;stoppedThani; the Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman;Salman; and the President of the UAE, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, all asked Trump “to hold off on our planned military attack” on Iran, which was set to happen tomorrow.

Trump said that the Gulf leaders had understood that real talks were now going on and that they believed, as great leaders and allies, that a deal would be reached that would be good for the US, all Middle Eastern countries, and other countries as well.

In a crucial part of the deal, he wrote on his Truth Social page, “Iran will not get any nuclear weapons.”

“Because I respect those leaders, I have told Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Daniel Caine, and the US military that we will NOT be attacking Iran tomorrow as planned. I have also asked them to be ready to launch a full, large-scale attack on Iran at any time if an acceptable deal is not reached.”

Iran announced a revised set of terms for a potential peace deal before Mr. Trump’s speech. 

Tehran said it was only interested in a peace deal and that they haven’t “discussed any details regarding nuclear matters” yet.

Trump said on Sunday that “the clock is ticking” for Iran to agree to a peace deal and that “there won’t be anything left of them if the Islamic Republic’s leaders don’t get moving FAST.”

Anna Kelly, who is the deputy press secretary for the White House, has also said, “Iran must give up their nuclear plans for good.”

Kelly told Fox News on Monday that “nothing has changed” when it comes to Iran and that Mr. Trump is still focused on the country’s nuclear program.

There was no way for Iran to enrich uranium after Operation Midnight Hammer, which happened in June 2025 and hit several Iranian nuclear sites. 

“They cannot retain the enriched uranium they currently possess.” That’s what President Trump has made obvious. In these talks, that is one of the red lines.

“The president has made it obvious what our red lines are in these talks: Iran must give up its nuclear plans for good.”

At the same time, oil prices and stock markets around the world were unstable on Monday because no one knew what would happen with the Iran war.

The S&P 500 went up and down before ending the day with a 0.1% drop. This is its second loss since last week’s all-time high. 

After both averages went up and down, the Dow Jones Industrial Average went up by 159 points, or 0.3%, and the Nasdaq Composite went down by 0.5%.

Oil prices have been unstable because no one knows how long the war in Iran will keep the Strait of Hormuz closed, stopping oil tankers from bringing crude. Stock prices went in the opposite direction of oil prices.

The price of a barrel of Brent crude oil, which is the standard for the whole world, dropped from $112 overnight to less than $107 in the morning before going back up.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.